Skip to main content

Cosplay 2012 and My DIY Costume

It was the day of our company's COSPLAY party and I still did not have anything to wear. I had second thoughts of going but I had promised my friend that I am going to join him, ergo, I had to go. A day before the cosplay, my other friend Gabby who was supposed to lend mwe a Lara Croft ensemble told me he forgot the costume. Oh, man, what would I do? And so when I've gone home that day, I scoured through my wardrobe and found my  and suddenly got an idea. I decided I would be a goddess warrior just like Scatach or Artemis. 


EGS COSPLAY 2012


My see-through gold INK dress is embellished with crystals, beads,  and pearls.  I purchased nude tube top and fit-hugging shorts and wore them underneath the dress. To create my goddess temple band, I used a gold link headband, removed the strap, and clipped the ends of the gold chain to my hair. I wore a pair of beaded gold shoes with brown lace straps that go all the way up to my knees. When I saw I saw a cut bamboo and two loose parts of a TV antenna, and a paper bag strap, creativity came to me -- I would make my spear and spwar holder. I was not successful in creating the spear due to the lack of tools but, I guess, in totality, the "spear" and the spear holder completed the look I want to create. 


As for my make-up, I used two fake eyelashes on both eyelashes and created a smokey-eye on my lids. I used bronzer on my face, gold maskara on my eyebrows, bronze lipstick, and mauve and brown blush-on for contouring to create the goddess look.

At the party, my eyes could not get rested. I was feasting on all the costumes I saw. There were a handful of Transformers, Avengers, Japanese anime characters, and movie characters that I saw. I expected the party to be fun but I got more than just fun, it was a blast! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anna Christine Speckhart

Photo of Anna Christine Speckhart - Fashion Model - ID287478 - Profile... (clipped to polyvore.com )

LA Girl Pro Conceal Review: Just Exactly Perfect

I just found for myself a perfect go-to concealer which is not exactly expensive yet gives the medium coverage I ever wanted. I bought the Pure Beige shade and the color matches my skin upon application. The product comes in a small tube that would probably last one month of regular use. The LA Girl Pro Conceal HD is easy to apply -- just squeeze the tube and out comes the product from the brush attached to the tube. I sometimes use the brush to spread the concealer on my face but often just use my index ring finger to properly apply and cover my acne scars and blemishes.  It is non-greasy and does crease. I apply it as I use the LA Girl CC cream and then top it with the pressed powder from the same brand. I only re-apply after half a day and before leaving work for home.  Beauty SCORES: * Bad, bad **Good enough *** Lovin' it ****OMG. This is perfect. *****Nothing gets this score. Seriously. LA Girl HD Pro Conceal gets a ****! I am so LOVIN' IT!!!

Diamond Peel @Dermaesthetique Ortigas Review

It has been a week since I had my diamond peel treatment at Dermaesthetique in Ortigas but, yeah, it's never too late to share my experience. I went with my friend Jacky who frequents Dermaesthetique for diamond peels and IPLs. We went to the clinic in Ortigas although, as I found out, also has a branch in Quezon City. Jacky and I rode a cab from ABS-CBN in QC and took the EDSA route going to SM Megamall. She said she wanted to go to the mall first before heading to the clinic, which is just at the back of building A. We bought some stuff at the National Bookstore and headed to the supermarket to get milk tea at Tea 101. Jacky was so happy upon knowing that the prices of the milk teas in the SM Megamall branch of Tea 101 cheaper than the Tomas Morato branch. We ordered Rock Salt Choco-- the taste was just heavenly!! I wanted to buy lumpia but Jacky told me not to as she said I might smell like vinegar when we have our diamond peel so I just got California Maki. The bui